Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Still, Small Reminder

I wrote this poem last night about an experience I just had like the one the poem describes. I've had this type of experience many times, and every time I do, it's incredible the amount of harmony and joy that comes out of it...


Don't you love it when there's so much to do,
and you run around trying to get it all done.
When you're stressed out of your mind, worried sick
that you won't finish when you've barely even begun.

When the more stressed and worried you get,
the worse and worse the situation becomes.
When you start to lose your cool with frustration.
When mortal mind has gotten you to succumb...

And then...
A still, small reminder:
"It's going to be fine.
Just take off your mortal blinders."

"Everything's already taken care of.
Bare witness to My view.
I'm working My purpose out.
And I've got you."

When you get a message like that,
You obey.
And then everything is okay.

Yes, I love when that happens.
I love... today.

--DW 4/09

No comments:

Post a Comment