Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Diamond Rule

What got me inspired to write this poetry and make a commitment to doing it every day was a course I recently took on personal and interpersonal Leadership. I learned and discovered tons of new awesome ideas and insights that many of these poems are inspired by. This poem I wrote about a week ago...


Everyone knows how the rule of all rules goes:
Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.
But our lives go much deeper than this simple doing--
we don't just take action, we actually think, too.

Funny, this thinking, it completely slips our mind--
we don't recognize it as a part of our busy days.
This thing that we do more than anything else,
is never planned for, it just happens anyways.

We're constantly thinking, every moment of our lives,
so further than the Golden Rule, the Diamond Rule is key.
If I want to live a life of integrity, I must:
Think about others the way I want them to think about me.

--DW 3/09

No comments:

Post a Comment