Monday, April 20, 2009

An Epic Campaign

This one was written yesterday about the marathon I just ran...


No words can accurately describe
the incredible amount of fun I'm having today.
This experience is one I'll never forget;
one where God is on consistent display.

The masses of friendly runners,
the perfect temperature and refreshing rain,
the constant, ever-renewing freedom,
and a running partner to share this epic campaign.

The miles quickly keep dropping,
one by one by one by one.
Every step proving I am not my body,
I could never give in - this is way too much fun!

A wall of resistance hits around mile twenty-one;
is there really a full XC race length to go?
But the best way to beat this resistance, I find,
is most definitely not be slow...
It's to speed up and go!

So I shift gears and just let it all flow.

When the thought comes "I have nothing left",
I leave all limits behind and take flight;
and then instead of me being tired,
the resistance slowly gives up its fight.

All material suggestion falls to the wet road,
quickly fading behind me in the mortal abyss.
Now flying on wings of inspiration,
I've never felt dominion as strongly as this.

--DW 4/09

No comments:

Post a Comment