Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nightshine

The sphere of reflected light that shines in the night is truly something to behold...


There is a glowing light.
I can see it,
though it is very far from my eyes.

It illuminates the night;
watch it sit,
floating high above in the skies.

It shines so very bright;
fiercely lit,
on a path of virtue it flies.

Its constant progress slight;
a circle or a slit.
Watch its ever-changing size.

Just let it take flight,
quite a bit,
as it climbs to the highest of highs.

Reflects the sun just right.
A plain transmit;
like how we are God's reprise.

Colored a gentle white,
and so legit.
Its magnificence is its disguise.

Always a sublime sight,
like Brad Pitt.
All reason its splendor defies.

It never puts up a fight;
nor will it quit.
Every night, without fail, it will rise.

It's me and the moon tonight,
I must admit,
I pray that this night never dies.

--DW 5/09

No comments:

Post a Comment